After a year of construction we are finally done renovating and adding to our beautiful new school! Construction meetings are still happening; not every week but as needed and we are all still talking to each other and having a good time! Not all construction projects go so smoothly but we all feel very lucky to have had such a great team.
We still have a list of items in each of our Punch lists: Construction and Finishes, Mechanical, Electrical and Landscape each list has a few items to address but they are all being worked on now. We have one big item left to be decided on and that is the Maintenance Shed. We are hoping to put this out to bid to local contractors in the next few weeks.
We are still on budget, and we will have final numbers in the next couple of months.
We would like to take a moment to say thank you to long list of people and organizations:
· EMES School staff, teachers, administrators and maintenance staff, who all worked so hard through this process and continue to be understanding of the final details left.
· The school’s central office, for keeping us on budget and helping us through the entire project. Special thanks to Lori Bibeau, Bill Kimball and Matt.
· Special thanks to Alicia Lyford, our amazing Project Manager and Assistant Principal!
· Bill Ford our Clerk of the Works. A lot of people ask: What does the Clerk do? Bill first made himself familiar with the plans, the design, the specification, the budget, and the contract documents. After that during constructions he made sure things were being built according to the plans and on time. Some of his jobs are construction record keeping, verification of documents, punch list and keeping the owner informed.
· Wright and Morrissey Construction, Doug, Strummer, Jamie, Mike, Derik, the list is long but thank you ALL for your hard work.
· Thanks to TruexCullins Architects and their team of engineers and experts. The list is long but to mention a few, David Epstein, Dan Goltzman, Peter Burns, Bill Bissell, Andy Shapiro, Kohler and Lewis, Cynthia Silvey from Wagner Hodgson.
· The Oversight Committee, for the many hours and for your guidance - Albert Petrella, Rob Chickering, Alice Angney, Mike Duane and Cort Richardson. A very special thanks to Marty Miller, who also attended Construction Meetings and provided his expertise through the entire project.
· The Facilities Committee, who helped this project get started.
· Town of East Montpelier - Terri, Bruce and Don for your support and all the extra work.
· All members, past and present, of the East Montpelier School Board, for your guidance and help and for keeping the project on time and on Budget.
Finally, thank you, East Montpelier Community, for your support. We can all be very proud of the final result!
We will continue to work hard on maintaining the school like new with your support for years to come.
Please attend the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, October 2nd at 5pm.
Flor Diaz Smith
Oversight + Facilities Committee
East Montpelier School Board